Monday, December 28, 2009

"Bollywood Steps" Update!

I'm currently racing to have a version of the documentary ready to enter in a series of film festivals with deadlines in January - so I don't have much time left. I'm currently tweaking the final cut - making minor and semi-major adjustments as I gauge the reaction of viewers less familiar with the project.

Music is still an issue - I've licensed some music from a couple of online sites, but one of those sites has since gone out of business, so I'm not certain if that has an impact on my ability to use the footage. These sites generally offer music and stock footage that is posted on their site by outside artists. If I can't answer those questions, or find suitable alternatives, I still might commission a custom soundtrack. In the short term, however, I'll use the music tracks as they exist for the festival entries; my concerns are rights to broadcast and distribution.

No comments: