Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"BOLLYWOOD STEPS" UPDATE


Last night, I met with Yogen and his wife, Rashmi Bhagat (some of my friends know her as Rasha Goel) for a factual review of the current cut of my documentary, "Bollywood Steps." For those of you who aren't familiar with this project, "Bollywood Steps" is my hour-long film about the relationship between a transplanted Bollywood dancer/choreographer (Yogen) and the American-born Indian boys in his Los Angeles-area Bollywood dance class. See more, including a trailer, on my website, http://www.rlsventures.com

Yogen and Rashmi reviewed the documentary for accuracy, as the film not only traces his relationship with the boys, but how a choreographer who worked with the biggest names in Bollywood came to teach children in Los Angeles, and start his career anew in America.

Their "thumbs up" brings me to an important stage in the completion of the documentary. Expect more news shortly. I'll be scheduling a "premiere" screening within the next 2-3 months.

No comments: