Monday, June 08, 2009

Another Viewpoint on Milo

I wanted to add this article from Gamer.Blorge to the resources in the previous post. This claims that most of what appears in the "Milo" video is "smoke and mirrors."

As I've previously mentioned, the voice recognition is not as advanced as it seems to be - it is very much an illusion - but based on sophisticated input, as I mentioned in the last post.

Also, there's commentary that the "behind closed doors" demo as E3 was very controlled and perhaps manipulated. I'm sure it was. That's why is was behind closed doors. To that criticism, I would respond, "Still not bad for just a few months of development."

At the very least, this is a concept that is firing imaginations around the world. "Milo" or not, I suspect that we'll see applications of this sort of technology exploding across the entertainment industry very shortly.

This is, above all, a vision of the future - and one that isn't really that far off.

No comments: