Sunday, August 13, 2006

Libera

A few weeks back, I was at a party being given by the father of one of the teens in the summer filmmaking workship (see earlier blog). I became aware of an unusual CD playing in the background. It turned out to be "Visions" by a group called Libera - a boys' choir, no less, with a modern twist. It's generally found in the "New Age" section. From what I understand, Libera mixes the tradition boys' choir with modern compositions and instrumentals (i.e. rock influenced).

I find the music haunting at times, and generally fascinating. I've never listened that closely to a boys choir - this makes it accessible. Though I'm new to Libera, they've been around for over ten years. They have a modest following around the world, though their particularly popular in Japan.

Here's the album I just purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BMUVGK/sr=8-1/qid=1155570365/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-0274971-1963052?ie=UTF8"

There are three selections I recommend in particular: "Always With You," "Libera" and "We are the Lost."

No comments: